BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Operation Control Spending


So.  a la Becky Bloomwood I decided that it might be a good time to enact Operation Control Spending (hereafter referred to as C.S.).  after all, i was inspired by jen lancaster's enlightenment about all of her personal spending, and decided that even though my job is fairly safe, i would never want to be in a position where i regretted the ways i had spent money while i had it.  SO.  for the last few weeks, i've been pretty restrained (having to spend 10 days inside a hospital with no outlet for retail therapy always can curb a habit.  see, every cloud has a silver lining.), and decided to 'reward' myself with a small purchase from wal-mart.  (don't ask what it was - irrelevant, but i got out of there for under $20.)  well, since i was so well-behaved in wal-mart, and it was a beautiful day, and they are my customers after all, i thought i would just stop in for a little visit to Mam'selle.  i barely even noticed the easel they had set up on the sidewalk with a poster that said ADDITIONAL 50% ALL SALE ITEMS.  It just so happened they had the TIBI skirt i've been lusting over since, oh, APRIL... and guess what.  its tucked away in my favorite corner of the store:  the sale rack next to the dressing rooms.  last one.  my size.  it was meant to be.  
don't ask me what else i bought, but needless to say, Operation C.S. died a fiery, violent death at the cash register counter of Mam'selle yesterday afternoon.  even as i was writing the check (yes, a check, because that will give me time to scurry home and get panty-drawer cashola to deposit into the acct before Mam'selle has a chance to make their daily deposit, right?), i was rubbing my eye, thinking, Oh, I think there might be an extra zero in there; did you say $______?  because is sounded like you said $______.   Oh, right.  even as i was watching my hand write out the number, the little voice in my mind was saying "stop.  STOP.  DID YOU HEAR ME?  WALK AWAY!!!".
Oh well.  tomorrow IS pay day.  and i did run home to get some panty-drawer money deposited BEFORE 2:00 p.m.  so, as soon as the Mam'selle check clears the account i think Operation C.S. will be re-enacted.  i will keep you posted.
p.s. - celia offered to keep my purchases in a vault and let me get them out one by one as a reward for good behavior.  she may have to become a signer on the account.  or barbara may have to hot-card the debit card...

0 comments: